This website itself is a huge financial and personal experiment. Will I be able to keep it going? Will I learn about money? Will I even earn money? We’ll both be discovering the answer at the same time, amigo.
Every month I write out a monthly report on my Experiments and I’ll include a few stats from here.
What do I hope to achieve:
- Learn about money
- Earn a bit of an income
- Evaluate whether blogging can be a career for me
- Writing 2 blog posts a week
- Connecting with readers and other bloggers
- Exploring an extensive range of financial topics, from What the F@%k is a [..], to personally dealing with finances.
Here are my reports so far!
First Month: The Himalayas
Stats for September
- Pageviews: 467
- Subscribers: 13 (Goal completed! More than 10 subscribers)
- Wrote 8 blog posts (Goal completed! Publish 2 articles a week)
- Get 1000 pageviews
- 30 subscribers
- Change domain name (still looking for those $75 :/)
What I’ve learnt
- Community is SO important. I’ve started a 30 day challenge with Pete McPherson at Do You Even Blog, and I’ve started reaching out to other Personal Finance bloggers. Not only am I learning so much but I am making friends and connecting with like minded people (check out the Blogger Recognition Award).
- Friends and family are willing to help out and are interested in what you are up to (thanks for subscribing guys <3)